Embracing your natural hair texture is not an easy task. Especially in a world where it is very difficult to find any representation of truly natural looks in the media. The truth about wearing your hair natural is that it is unpredictable. No matter what texture your hair is, there will always be something new about it every time you wash it.
It is time we embrace our natural hair and all of its glorious unique qualities. Just like we embrace our cultures, customs and everything that makes us who we are!
Here’s a great at home hair mask recipe that works great for all natural hair types! This all natural avocado and coconut oil hair mask is sure to moisturize your hair and leave your natural waves feeling revived!
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and scooped out
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- (You can also add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil. This is optional.)
- Measure coconut oil into a medium sized bowl and microwave for 10 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Add avocado, honey, and essential oil (optional.)
- Use a mixer to whip mixture on high until smooth.
- Dampen hair with water. Spread mask onto hair, clip hair up, and cover with a shower cap.
- Heat for 15 minutes with hair dryer or by sitting outside in the sun for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cap, rinse mask, then wash and condition hair as usual.
This routine can be repeated once a week! It is a great way to naturally keep your hair healthy and happy!
(Written by guest contributor, Alexandra Olsen )