Cook time: 50 minutes
1 chocolate cake mix: water, oil, eggs as listed on the box.
1- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1- 12.8oz Hershey’s Special Hot Fudge Sauce Jar
1 cap full of mint extract
1- package of Thin Mint cookies or 1 package of Keebler Fudge Mint cookies
1- 16 oz container Cool Whip
1 cup Andes Mint Chips
Images courtesy of JoyAnna Sturgeon
- prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9×13 baking dish. Allow to cool completely.
- use a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly into the cake about 20 holes. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling the holes.
- heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave for about 40 seconds. You just want to soften it.
- crumble half the cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge mix over the cake.
- in a large bowl, whisk together the cool whip and cap full of mint extract together, then add 3 drops of green food coloring for color. Spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
- crumble the remaining cookies over the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over the top.
- refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- cut and serve. Serves 12-15.