Cook time: 50 minutes
1 chocolate cake mix: water, oil, eggs as listed on the box.
1- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1- 12.8oz Hershey’s Special Hot Fudge Sauce Jar
1 cap full of mint extract
1- package of Thin Mint cookies or 1 package of Keebler Fudge Mint cookies
1- 16 oz container Cool Whip
1 cup Andes Mint Chips
Images courtesy of JoyAnna Sturgeon
prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9×13 baking dish. Allow to cool completely.
use a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly into the cake about 20 holes. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling the holes.
heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave for about 40 seconds. You just want to soften it.
crumble half the cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge mix over the cake.
in a large bowl, whisk together the cool whip and cap full of mint extract together, then add 3 drops of green food coloring for color. Spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
crumble the remaining cookies over the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over the top.
refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
cut and serve. Serves 12-15.
Cook time: 45 minutes
Anytype of Brownies Mix
Any Type of Pie Filling
cooking spray with flour
Images courtesy of JoyAnna Sturgeon
follow the directions on the brownie mix box.
once the brownie mix is mixed spray the pan with the cookie spray all around the pan. Once done put the pie filling in the pan. Then cover with the brownie mix.
Place pan in 350 degree oven cook for 45 minutes. then pull out and cool once cooked cut into squares. Then refrigerate leftovers.
French Toasts Roll Ups:
prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 minutes
over all time: 15 minutes
3-4 slices of any type of bread (your choice)
2 or 3 eggs
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
3 teaspoons of granulated sugar
Optional: syrup or powdered sugar
If desired, other fruit works to. Makes great strawberry banana roll ups
Remove crust on all sides of bread.
At one of the short sides on the bread spread a good amount of Nutella. Be careful not to put too much on or it might not roll up.
Wash, cut, and layer on the strawberries or your choice fruit on top of the nutella half. Make sure to cut up the fruit relatively small so that it’s easier to roll. Once the Nutella and fruit are placed on the edge, roll till the end of the bread.
Whisk two or three eggs in a medium bowl set aside.
Combine the cinnamon and sugar on a flat plate.
GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA
6. Here comes the messy part: carefully dunk in the egg making sure to coat the whole roll. Then, roll in the cinnamon sugar till completely covered.
7. Take the rolls and cook them in a greased pan on the stove. It doesn’t take to long to cook these, but do make sure the egg is cooked through.
8. Once cooked top with either syrup or powdered sugar and eat.
Pizza Mac & Cheese:
prep time: 0 minutes cook time: 50-60 minutes overall time 50-60 minutes
2 cups of any macaroni noodles
a bag of mini pepperoni
2 cups of half and half
½ cup of marinara
¾ teaspoon of dried oregano
½ cup of sun dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
italian or regular bread crumbs
¼ cup of cream cheese parmesan
8 oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the noodles once boiling. Cook the noodles til tender.
3. Strain pasta, set aside about 1 cup of noodle water for additional steps later on.
4. In a sauce pan, combine half & half, oregano, and crushed red pepper place over heat to simmer for 15 minutes stirring often.
5. Add cream cheese and stir so that there are no chunks in mixture. Once that is done mix in the cheddar and mozzarella cheese until sauce is smooth.
6. Add the macaroni and the previously set aside cup of water. Will soak up the excess liquid.
7. Stir in the marinara sauce, sun dried tomatoes and mini pepperoni.
8. Once thoroughly mixed pour into a 13×9 inch pan. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs and Parmesan over the baking pan.
9. Put into the oven for 10 minutes to lightly brown the noodles and bread crumbs until crispy.
10. Take out the let stand 10 minutes then serve.
It’s that time of year again folks, and for the Holiday season I chose something that takes A LOT of skill—to mess up.
Continue reading “Good Eats! Easy, tasty Almond Bark”
I want to talk (gush) about pasta. Thank [insert deity of your choice] for pasta.
If you know how to make ramen using a stove top, you are 1/3 of the way there (finally using some of that math stuff they teach us).
Before I share the way of Americanized pasta, you need to ask yourself a few questions to see if you are qualified for this feat.
Continue reading “Good Eats! Bring on the carbs”
When doing research for recipes that appeal to college students, it is believed that the college student diet consists of ramen and pizza. Though not completely untrue, it is overlooking an under-appreciated staple item that can make anything taste good. Put enough cheese on anything and
Continue reading “Good Eats! Cheese. Enough said.”
Who doesn’t love the classic, simple to make, easy to enjoy Rice Krispie treat? Good as that childhood snack may be, let’s expand on the idea and try something new. Ready your taste-buds for these daringly modified versions of a long-loved classic. (These recipes and more found at
SpoonUniversity.com and featured on USA Today College.) Continue reading “Good Eats! With rice krispie treats!”